SERVICE COORDINATOR – COMMUNITY
* PART-TIME * 4 MONTHS FIXED TERM * IMMEDIATE START *
Inner City Women’s Group’s Service Coordinator – Community is going on extended leave, so we require a suitably skilled and experienced person to fill this role on a 4-month fixed term contract. The role is part time for 25 hours per week with the potential for the right candidate to be offered additional work during and post the term of this role.
As the Service Coordinator - Community, you will be responsible for:
* Liaise with nominated agencies to take referrals for ICWG.
* Contact clients and undertake a preliminary assessment to determine which group would be the most appropriate for them to attend
* Liaise with the appropriate Facilitator to ensure that they have all of the necessary information to include the individual into their programme.
* Liaise with the Client to ensure that they have all of the necessary information to allow them to participate in the allocated group.
* Provide the logistical support to the Facilitators to ensure that the groups have the necessary administrative support required to run and keep track of client’s attendance.
* Follow-up on non-attendance by participants where this may be required.
* Ensure that all of the required records are maintained and up to date and prepare accountability reports and statistics to nominating agencies.
* Liaise with agencies such as: Courts, Lawyers, Corrections; on behalf of client.
In addition, you will need to have a sound knowledge and understanding of family violence dynamics and a clean criminal history. Ideally you will also have a qualification in a similar field and have a good knowledge of other support agencies who specialise in family violence and sexual violence.
This is a varied and busy role requiring someone who can hit the ground running. In return we can offer good induction and training into this role along with a warm, supportive and family friendly workplace.
Job description available on request. To apply for this vacancy please send your covering letter and current curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
1 in 3 Be Free App: Our gift to New Zealand women
“We recognise that it isn’t always easy to identify when behaviours in a relationship become concerning, controlling, or abusive, so we want to help educate women about different forms of abuse and their effects”
In partnership with the fantastic Omnispex, the team at Inner City Women's Group have spent the last 2 years producing an App that helps women to screen for indicators of all forms of domestic violence from a current or ex-partner.
The 1 in 3 Be Free App is available for free download from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. To find the App search “1in3befree” download it, use it, rate and review it!
All good things take time, and together with Omnispex, the App has undergone several updates and security revisions since the soft launch in May to ensure it is the best possible educational tool for New Zealand women and is safe for users.
You can also use the web version of the App on our custom website: www.1in3befree.org.nz
We want to know what you think of what we’ve created, so send us an email or Facebook message with your feedback, and please share this App with any women in your life who may benefit from it. The more women we can reach, the better. Thank you for your support & patience #1in3befree